Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome


Every Friday, Lisa-Jo Baker at tales from a Gypsy Mama does what is called a Five Minute Friday. 5 minutes to write without abandon about one word that she gives us.It is fun! I encourage you to try it out.




Welcome


It is a welcome sight. When you have been away for any length of time, you are happy to see it.
My son's smile. My husband's friendly face. The ocean. A friend.
When you have not had it, you appreciate it more.
It is more than a sign on a door or a place to wipe your feet. It is a glimpse of what is inside. I hope to communicate that we are a happy home who love to welcome people. A safe haven. A sight and atmosphere that make people happy.
When I get to heaven, I am excited to hear welcome (in my Savior's words) and have Him introduce me to the baby I lost and never had a chance to meet.
My ears will welcome the day my son starts to talk and we can communicate.




Five Minute Friday



6 comments:

  1. Those words are the hope of every believer, "Come and share your master's happiness". When we are finally welcomed into the presence of Jesus Christ Himself.....oh how glorious it will be!

    Stopping by from FMF. Noticed on your side bar that we enjoy some of the same books. I too, enjoyed reading Stormie Omartian's series Power of a Praying....

    Be enouraged in Jesus Christ Jennifer.
    Peace be with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...I'm looking forward to that day too, friend! :)
    Always feel welcome around you...even through a cold screen!

    Love and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to that meeting. So glad you feel welcomed here! Be blessed:)

      Delete